Skip to main content

I did it! I did it!

After all the trauma, waiting and suspense the wait was finally over. At about 4:45pm yesterday my email account finally received my results from ACCA. How did I feel when I saw the email? I was worried and I was actually shivering with part excitement and part fear. I didn't know what to expect.

So I took a long and deep breath, and I clicked to access the email. Then I slowly scrolled down the email and slowly read the results. First subject - passed, second subject -passed, third subject - passed and the fourth subject - passed. Which means I CLEARED all the four exam papers I took during the June sitting! The magnificent satisfaction I felt within was simply wonderful, especially when I really didn't expect to pass all the papers I sat for.

For this, I must first thank all the people that made this possible:
1. Alan, for the Law notes and Information Systems notes, and the prayers.
2. Sze Wei, my colleague, my 'tai lo' at work for the kind support and the notes for Information Systems notes.
3. Hamster, for all the prayers, for the Information Systems notes as well.
4. David Tan, my colleague for the kind support.
5. My managers for the kind support.
6. Both my lecturers for Malaysian Tax, Mr. Simon Kok and Audit, Ms. Kiran.
7. Jasmine, now ex-colleague for the Law text book for without the textbooks I would not have made it through the paper.
8. Yin Yin, my colleague for the kind support.
9. Zo and family for the prayers and support.
10. My old friend, close friend, and business-partner-to-be, Max for the prayers and kind support.
11. My parents of course.

However, I am disappointed in some ways. First and foremost, I expected to do the best for the Audit paper considering I am in that line. Sadly, it turned out Audit was the lowest scoring paper out of the four. I scored the best for Information Systems, which I self studied. I am not too surprised since that was the easiest paper considering my familiarity with IT systems and the flow of IT processes (don't ask me how I ended up in accounting). How I passed the Law paper, which I thought I was going fail? Don't ask me either. As for the Tax paper, I have always scored within the bandwidth of the results, so it was no surprise.

One thing's for sure - how I did better for the papers I self-studied will always remain a mystery to me. But I have learned something from this painful but satisfying experience. Determination and hard work can take a person a long way even if you do not have the brains for it. At times, when people think you are in way over your head, that may not be the case but you are merely pushing yourself in hope to reach a higher level. When times get tough, no point giving up, by attempting something is in itself an achievement already. As for now, I need to look ahead and concentrate on my current 2 papers, which are FAR from easy, and my work as well since the auditing peak period will be starting in these few months to come.

Lastly, I want to thank the Heavenly Father that blessed me. I have always believed, and will continue to believe, it was He who gave me this opportunity and blessed me with this results.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All it takes is a little encouragement

"A Life at Work" by Thomas Moore is currently the book I am reading. I have reached about half way so far and it has really given me a lot of in sight about my destiny or at least pointers to get me on my way to figure out what my life work is (i.e. your ideal work, work that fulfills you from the inside, food-for-the-soul kind of work). It's still a work in progress thing for me; a long way from reaching the full discovery point (if I ever reach it). Your life work can be as simple as helping old folks in need in a nursing home to something as simple as being a life guard. Simplest of work can be the most rewarding to a person's hear that's deep down. Of course, there's no denying that it is different for everyone. But sometimes, if not all the time, all it takes is a little encouragement from the people around you. Sometimes it is as simple as, "a job well done chump!" or "way to go bud!" or "you hit the home run mate!" or even

one foot in the past, another in the future........ what about the present?

All of us go through a cycle, what we commonly call - the past, present and the future. It can probably be summed up by this simple phrase: " we come from the past to be in the present and look forward to the future ". Now, what I want you to do is take a step back, or just give your mind a minute or two to digest the above mentioned phrase. Ask yourself if it applies to you. Really ask yourself; and I mean REALLY ask yourself in the most honest of manner, whether it really applies to you. You may find it difficult to arrive at a 'yes' and even if you do, you probably find yourself in a paralysis state of mind trying to justify the 'yes'. If you really ponder about it, you are likely to find that most of us would find this phrase more relevant instead: " we come from the past and look forward to the future " You will find many of us either hang on to the past or look far too forward into the future, or likely for some to even be dwelling too much in

Quick update.........

Having graduated last year in August and taking a break in Australia visiting my brother for a month, I really felt good about everything. Things just got better after that, having landed a job at Ernst & Young! :) Aaaaaahhhhh.... how fast time actually goes by! Passing the 10th of January 2007, I have already been working for 3 months. The feeling of getting older and learning new things everyday at work brings about a feeling of satisfication. Although, work is generally tough and tedious (what do you expect in the auditing line?). I must admit though, when I fast started off I did feel demotivated and some what unhappy with the job having to go back home at 3am and back to work by 8am the next day. I did think about quitting at that time........ :( However, a miracle happened to me! That miracle brought along a girl named Vern Cheng. Without her support, I would have struggled a lot more. After work, just seeing her brings about a feeling of happiness and a feeling of being cont